regarding my "livestock".. i started in spring with travis hughey's barrelponics system, with 2 pairs of growbeds, and a 110 gallon stock tank...then added a couple dozen minnows (emerald shiners) and a couple dozen crayfish (papershell) to start the cycling. then i got 15 bluegill (2 to 3")- early posts made me think that some were hbg, some not.. in july of that year i got 25yp (3").. i went out of town for a few days and when i got home, 8 yp were missing (there was a net over the tank) and i lost a couple when it got really hot, so in the fall i moved it into the basement.. after i set it up, i was pretty happy with how the fish were doing and started planning an expansion, and gathering stuff.. i had shoulder surgery last year, so i just kept planning and doing little things..i got the 8' swimming pool for 15 bucks and had to set it up, so i used a diy filter and ran it with minnows and crayfish for months, then finally found totes for 40.. the gravel was next, and after rinsing enough for the growbeds and a few aquariums it was game on.
the 100 yp are in the pool, and i have 5 tilapia each in 2 different glass tanks.. planning on a fish fry for the older fish, biggest yp is 14", and the yp from last year are 7-11"
oh, and last year, i started a gammarus culture, set up a glass shrimp tank, and i got a marmokreb (self cloning crayfish) that is in berry.. more pics to come

Last edited by keith_rowan; 05/29/12 09:19 AM.