I feed my BG the AM500 feed twice a day from two feeders on a 1 acre pond.

Before I built my pond I envisioned being able to easily catch BG anywhere near structure or the feeder. I wanted to us a bobber because it is easy for other "non-fisherpeoples" visitors to use.

I found that the BG immediately scatter to deeper water when I walk up (not like the LMB that follow you around as ESSHUP noted). You could catch a few by casting into the deeper areas where the feeder reached using a bobber about 2 feet above the hook baited with cricket/worm but they would become skiddish after that.

I decided to go with ultralight equipment; 4 lb. flouro with a very small hook (I think they're labeled as "cricket hooks"), a BB sinker about 1 foot up the line, crickets/worms and fished very slowly (or even still) on the bottom in the deeper water around the feeders. I find this works very well and the fish do not seem to figure it out until I've caught 18-20 when the bite slows but does not totally stop.

Turns out this is a very fun way to fish for 9" BG (or hopefully 10" by now as I haven't fished BG for a while as I continue try to cull <13" LMB).

Hope this helps.

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC