One thing I'm worried about pellet pattern fishing would be unintentionally turning those fish OFF of pellets once catching them. I've read that others use that tactic purposefully to get GC or CC OFF the pellets...could it stand to reason that catching SMB and HSB on pellet pattern could have the same effect and turn them away from pellet feeding? That would be a very undesireable situation!

Tie a 500 or 600 pellet in pantyhose, tie off the top with some mono or thread, and use appropriate size hook and your fly rod and you will have success. If you dont have a fly rod, you can use a float tied 3-4' from your pellet fly to allow your some weight to cast and you'll still hook up.

Are you saying you're not catching any LMB either? Again, buffet line might be so good they are becoming very selective on what to pursue. Live bait on barbless hooks may also be an answer for you, or fishing early AM or late PM.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]