Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm skeptical of the use of growth hormones in beef and poultry. (Not saying what Dave said is untrue but he may have been BS'd) Why? Because in the aquaculture industry where farmers grow out fish for consumption it is strictly forbidden. The FDA will shut you done. No bones about it. They take it very seriously.

So why would they allow it in the beef and poultry business and not in aquaculture?

We raised chickens on the family five oclock farm when I was a kid. I remember some of them growing so fast their legs couldn't support the bodies and they fell over etc. It was not due to hormones. They had been bred to put on weight as fast as possible.

BTW, the use of antibiotics and chemicals are also strictly regulated in the aquaculture industry. Fish farmers that grow out fish for consumption have very few that they are allowed to use. If they do use something they are not allowed to use they will be shut down.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.