So yesterday I took the family to Zett's fish hatchery in WV and we bought 1000 FHM (unfortunately 20% were rosy red minnows since they raise them together), 200 3" golden shiners, and 100 crayfish. It was pouring rain and the pond had risen 2' from the previous week but the water also seemed to be pretty cold and the air temps were barely in the 50's. I forgot to take pictures of the stocking until I got to the last bag of minnows. Here are the FHM/RRM after sitting in the pond for 20 minutes with several cups of pond water added in 5 minute intervals, they took off as soon as I lowered on side of the bag:

I should have taken more pictures of the pond itself but it was cold, I was soaked, and my daughter was quickly losing patience with the whole situation. Now I am working on sourcing some satinfin shiners, spotfin shiners, tesselated darters, and bluntnose minnows to be added. If the weather cooperates I will hopefully get a chance to meet up with Travis and go seigning for them on the Potomac River, if not I have found some promising leads on the internet. I will also be adding grass shrimp (as soon as the pond reaches full pool and I plant some lillies and spiral eelgrass), banded killifish (as soon as Zett's has them available which should be in May), and some RES (Zett's says they will have them when I get the banded killifish). Then the pond will sit until I add 30 SMB and 100 YP either in the late fall of 2012 or spring of 2013.

Last edited by RockvilleMDAngler; 04/24/12 10:58 AM.