Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cody:
Theo Envy - Did you say how big DK was and how big the aquarium was?. I suspect that the appetite of DK may be slowed due to slightly reduced water quality. I read where you were doing daily water exchanges. Are you checking the ammonia levels? I suspect a slight ammonia build up or another chemical or combination might be slowing his appetite a little. I also think DK is a male.
He is now somewhere between 6" and 6.5" based on my BG fishing experience; I don't think it's worth the stress and risk of injury to remove him just for a measurement. My daughter's plan is to release him into the pond in the Spring and I will measure, photo, and maybe weigh him then (or sooner if he meets an unfortunate demise - he's too big to flush). The tank is 5 gallons.

I don't have a way to measure ammonia but would not be surprised if water quality was a limiting factor. I started changing water regularly when the food input went up 3-4 months ago.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]