Update.

I have installed the piping. It seems to work well. It is an 1 1/2" pipe set at a level about 1/2" below the 4" pipe. It is full and flowing well. The 4" flows just a bit. Enough to keep the top clean. So most of the flow is from the bottom. smile Tho I have to put a screen or something on the bottom when I get the trout. They may just fit up it. Or at least get stuck. Any suggestions on design or what to use. I'd like to make sure the holes are big enough to keep sucking junk off the bottom.

I put a few pan fish in. I went up the lake and caught them yesterday afternoon. Mostly they are Yellow Perch and Pumpkin Seed. I put them in so they could stir the bottom a bit and wash out the last of the silt from construction. They are doing a fine job.. Over night they cleared a 3' circle. I plan on having them in there just a few weeks so I plan to just give them some worms. How many and will this work? The fish are 7" average and about 20 in total. The perch are bigger tho. Like 10".

Well I finally took the water temp. A few surprises.
The spring is colder than I thought. It also warms more than I expected on top of the pool. It was a bright sunny "hot" day yesterday. No cloud cover at all. So solar thermal gain was pretty high.

Temp at "aeration" pipe. 48F
Temp at top of pool. 53F
Discharge pipe water temp. 51F

P.S. I took the temp this morning.. Overcast a bit. It's 48F all around. The sun really heats the water fast. Interesting.