Quote:
If you are referring to me I'm not sure I will have enough to sell as this is my first effort, and the pond is only 1/10 acre so the number I can produce is limited. It could be a flop for all I know as I've been told smallmouth fingerling production can be boom or bust depending on the weather. I was told if a severe cold front comes through at the wrong time the drop in water temp can wipe the fry out.

Even if I did have enough to sell, as In indicated in another thread regarding Condello/Baird bluegills, I have to do expensive health testing to export out of a Great Lakes state (Indiana) not to mention what the receiving state requires. I primarily raise fish for my own niche market and sell any extras within the state so i don't have to deal with the expensive health testing. Apparently the virus only activates if it crosses state lines! Gotta love the gubernment that uses politics instead of real science!

Gotta love the way the Government makes laws about our natural resources that are based on fear and not facts!

Last edited by RockvilleMDAngler; 04/06/12 09:23 AM.