Originally Posted By: esshup
TJ:

Whack the rooted plants earlier. Once they die back, whack the algae with Cutrine. Once the algae is killed, (should be a couple of days max) fertilize to get a bloom going. That should take care of your problem, give the YPY SMB a good food base to start on, and makeig seining easier.

Yeah I agree with Scott. You need to have an algae bloom ASAP for zooplankton food, and no filamentous algae or macrophytes to impede it. I have already added some whitecap to my pond and have been treating FA and some Chara with Cutrine Plus although it's not very effective on the Chara.

Do you have any problems pulling your seine over your spawning structure? I'd be worried my seine would get caught on the pallet or blocks.

When do you start seeing ovary development in your smallmouth broodfish? I haven't transferred mine yet but hope to soon. My fish are 12 to 16 inches now and three years old so they should work.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.