I am not trying to be rude so please excuse me if it comes across as such.

What I am seeing is fragments of thoughts and not guidance or footsteps...

As far as what you see... What you see in my photos (if that's what you are taking pot shots at) are the very beginnings of a clarifier with some bio filtration capabilities that are modeled after Cecil's system which has already proven its self and is by no means intended to be the sole means of filtration. If you look through the rest of the thread again you can see more information on Cecil's system that included a RBC which is also used. If you look even further you will see that my total fish weight is intended to be extremely low (18 or so medium sunfish).

Cecil is already using a variation of this system to filter a much larger tank with many more fish without the extra solids screen (to my knowledge he is not using one) which I am thinking about adding for the convenience of not having to spray out the mesh as frequently which I believe will also help maintain a more stable beneficial bacteria population.

So... Please explain your comment to me because I fail to see how adding a solids screen to a proven method takes it from proven to "Ain't gonna happen! No Way, No How!".

Last edited by DMRBG; 03/18/12 03:43 PM.