Leo:

Interesting! The trout caught today were leaner, more resmbling a trout from the wild vs. a fed trout. Which makes sense because there is no pellet feeding program in the pond. I'll have to check my records because I think that both the HSB and RBT were stocked within a few weeks of each other.

The reason HSB were put in the pond was because of a Green Sunfish problem. Many small ones. The pond is slated to be a SMB/RES/YP pond, so the owner wanted to get the GSF out of there. There is no sign of YOY recruitment of either the YP or RES due to the GSF in the pond. Another pond of the same age, same stocking minus the GSF has signs of RES reproduction during the summer of 2011. No SMB have been stocked yet. I Fyke Netted the pond during the late summer/fall, and thought the HSB and trout could continue working on the small GSF all winter long. Plus the trout were caught on a small crankbait that somewhat mimics the size and color of the small GSF that are in the pond.

It's still undecided on whether the pond will be drained/killed and dug deeper, or leave it alone and add the electric compressor. Even if it does get dug deeper, the electric and windmill aeration systems will be in the pond.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).