Quote:
I have found that the best cure for seasickness is line jlaving the reel.

jlaving: (Scandhoovian/North American: yall ving.), re: "ya'll leaving." Translation of Scandanahoovian decedents living in Texas and Oklahoma, meaning, "it is leaving." Equates to the word "ralph" in most of US and Canada.

I spent much of my 20's and early 30's sailing the seven seas, and spending many of my younger years on inland lakes, like Lake Superior. Sometimes that term lent itself to stomach contents. Sometimes it referred to line on a reel.

If you are prone to this malady, definitely don't have any alcohol the night before. Don't have coffee or fruit juice with breakfast. Make your breakfast bland and absorbing. Have some oatmeal with just a little sugar, but with no milk or cream. Have several soda crackers, or several pieces of semi-burnt toast. Make sure you take your Dramamine.

Don't go inside or below decks. Keep your eyes on the horizon, not the deck rail or a spot on the deck. Don't lie down. Catch a fish.

If you do feel you have the blue-water flu, use the rail, and not the deck or the "head."

Tyhjentää,

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!