Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I live 5 miles as the crow flies from an 1/8 mile "outlaw" drag strip... it's strictly "run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough"

The quality of cars that show up is astounding. Guys are running in the 4's in the upper classes....

When I was younger I used to bracket race a Camaro, came home many early mornings with my clothes reeking of burnt rubber, and my eardrums vibrating from the combination of a rev limiter, (stutter box) and open headers.

Martin, MI is a bit over an hour drive from me. I have only been there once since the 14M renovation in 2002. Really nice place.

Ditto on the quality of cars at the local tracks. I haven't been there in 10 years, but some of the cars were truly works of art, with built in whoop ***! Nothing sounds better than a well tuned, free breathing Big Block! A little snort or two out of the dragons nostrils don't hurt either laugh

Wish I had a rev limiter after a tranny malfunction on my 74 Cuda. Brand new motor (two weeks old) with broken pieces and parts. That was eeekspensive frown

I remember the lack of hearing for the next day also. Sure was Fun!

Hot Rod Hangover grin

Last edited by JKB; 02/12/12 10:33 PM.