Originally Posted By: ewest

You lost me. 3 feet away - meaning at the surface 3 feet away after exposed to O2 or at 63 feet subsea still underground in formation ?

I'm confused with ewest. Is the O2 jumps from 0.1mg/L from 66ft to 63ft? If that's the case, did you monitor any other depth beside the 2?

Originally Posted By: JamesBryan
1. Can H202 be utilized by surface dwelling creatures? 2. I've heard it said that well water immediately absorbs oxygen from the atmosphere, or is it possible, that when the H2O2 reaches surface pressure the molecular composition changes, becoming H2O?

I have put fish in my well water before and survived a while without aeration. I also wonder if the notion of aerating all well water, at times has made some well water habitable merely by offgassing noxious gases I have seen you guys talk about, that were not detectable with the nose. I think it's called hydrogen sulfide. If water contains an elevated amount of hydrogen sulfide what are the effects on a DO meter?

1. DO meter don't detect the H2O2, since it's unstable, creating odd reading. The meter is calibrated to detect only stable H2O structure.

2. H2O2 is unstable, so, it's always search for other elements to fill the missing spots. Any element that's willing to give itself readily or share, it will connect. If the covalent bond takes more energy to bond than the structure allows, it will search for other free radicals or elements to bond with instead. As you indicated, if well water reach a state of purified state, H2O2, it will hunger for the extra sites to be bonded to. So, yes, well water will want to bond with atmospheric elements, H, O, S, N, C, etc., or what ever it can get its hand on. This is why, in my field, we're monitor underground water supply so fiercely in California, since the underground water is susceptible to bind to chemical bloom, containing toxic compounds, that will taint our naturally filtered water supply.

Originally Posted By: JamesBryan

I have put fish in my well water before and survived a while without aeration. I also wonder if the notion of aerating all well water, at times has made some well water habitable merely by offgassing noxious gases I have seen you guys talk about, that were not detectable with the nose. I think it's called hydrogen sulfide. If water contains an elevated amount of hydrogen sulfide what are the effects on a DO meter?

I'll give you a thesis paper on that one. I believe the geotech engineer from our office wrote that paper just 4 years ago. I will ask to verify. You're in the ball park. In the meanwhile, I will continue to search through my external hard drive for the supporting files about groundwater with high DO. Please bare with me.

Leo

* Knowledge and experience yield wisdom. Sharing wisdom expand the generations with crucial knowledge. Unshared wisdom is worth nothing more than rotting manure.