Dave, think about it for a moment. Would you eat a farm raised trout that taste like a fatty blob (not like bacon of course) or a nice firm tender piece of fillet that taste sweet? I've tasted the different between farm raised catfish and the wild ones. I will never go back to farm raised cats again. I rather hunt for them. The meat is much more firm, and taste so much sweeter and better.

Same goes for the panfish, specially gills. Would one raise massive quantity of gills that taste like a glob of fat, or would you like firm piece of fillet with good quality? I'll probably get blasted with comments saying, "We'll grow low quality for common market, and high quality for interested market.." or "Like any one would know.." But seriously though, if you want to sell something to the mass, I think the guy that sells higher quality, lower quantity, at a higher price will wipe you clean for selling lower quality, at large quantity, at a lower price. Yes, macro-economic calculations won't pan out with my reasoning, but consumers' taste buds and finicky personalities will trump the macro-economic calculations in the long run, just like it has always been since man had established trades.

Leo

* Knowledge and experience yield wisdom. Sharing wisdom expand the generations with crucial knowledge. Unshared wisdom is worth nothing more than rotting manure.