Leo, VERY INTERESTING!! Thank you for the info. I have often pondered the aspect of using different sources of fertilization through ocean based sources, but never taken past the thinking part. I have always assumed it would either be cost prohibitive, or sources unattainable. Thanks for the links!

I have a stupid question. First I am by no means a scientist, but always try to weigh all the possible pros and cons of things. I hear about many ocean fishes containing high levels of mercury, as do many freshwater fishes. Is there any transfer of mercury through these nutrient enhancing aspects? Or any other bad things that may ride in via "piggy back"?

The link with the sealife based fertilizers has really got me considering using that for my forage pond, and beginning the nutrient enhancement feed chain there. It sounds like a great way to start. Enhancing the microscopic spectrum, and carry up the food chain could be a very good way of doing this.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer.