One of the big benefits to having a large company like Purina creating the feed is their ability to procure large amounts of fish protein (like menhaden) for an economical price/weight ratio. One of the questions that I'd like to eventually discuss would be ways to take a feed like Purina Aquamax Largemouth, then to moisten the feed, and perhaps add micronutrients at our own procurement to the feed to make an ideal formulation for whatever fish we wish to feed. An example would be to look at Purina Aquamax, and what sort of nutrient a bluegill or yellow perch would need to create optimal health/growth/disease resistance, and add in some of the ingredients. Then you'd be able to hand feed the fish at your dock or waters edge, and have some fish that absolutely blow up in size. It might not make sense to do this for five hundred channel catfish, but if you had 100 bluegill that liked your dock location, you could custom feed them. I believe this would even work through the ice, since softened and reformulated feed will slowly sink.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 02/07/12 09:38 PM. Reason: Pure excitement made me misspell some words.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.