Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Today my BG and cats came to feed. Last Sunday they wouldn't.

I could be feeding trout right now if I had them!

What is up with that Cecil!

The trout pond has used for male perch and female bluegills the last couple of years due to a well pump issue (has been repaired recently) and the false positive Crystal Springs had for IPN in his brown trout. This meant I couldn't get any trout from him until he had a clean bill of health which has been since last fall for all but the brook trout. (He simply needed to wait for testing for the brook trout which will be this spring.

I'm good to go now once I seine out the trout pond this spring, relocate, sell or usr a significant number of male perch for the dinner table, and drain and clean leaves and organic matter out of the trout pond. I think I will also do a PP treatment to oxidize as much organic matter as possible.

All my ponds containing fish are wide open now and if I had trout in the one I'm sure I could be feeding them.

If I get a good crop of large brook trout this time around I should be able to net enough profit to build the pole building. I've been saving but it's been excruciatingly slow.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/01/12 11:21 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.