Tavo, this may help you know what to expect: While just over a year old, our new pond is finally filling from the rain that has occured in east Texas over the past 60 days. I placed a yard stick along a shoreline to measure how much was lost between the rains. This could give you an idea of what to expect, but there are a lot of factors. I can see that wind and temperature definitely affects it.
I can visibly see the wicking action occuring at the sides of the pond. What was once dry is now wet looking about 6 feet above the water line. Here is the progress that I have seen since the beginning of the year - keep in mind that the center of the pond is likely 4-5 feet deep - this is a measurement in the shallows.
12/18/31 8.0" (following a 6" rain over 3 days that filled basin)
12/31/11 4.75" (-3.25")
1/8/12 2.75" (-2")
1/11/12 11.0" (following a 2.5" rain) (+8.25")
1/14/12 9.75" (-1.75")
1/15/12 9.25" (-.50")
1/21/12 7.5" (-2")
1/27/12 (can't wait to see what the 2.5" rainfall did later today!)
The wicking seems to have slowed following the first couple of rains, but it is really averaging about .25" drop per day. I also am observing some spring activity that started and is likley aiding in maintaining the level as well as adding moisture to the surrounding area. I believe that this last rain will have filled the 2 ponds upstream from this new pond. If so, I think I can possibly gain 3-4 inches per inch of rainfall. I'll post again after I get a reading.

"Our Life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify" -Henry David Thoreau -