Ok, here we go again. On another thread I mentioned that I had moved and have about a 1/3A empty pond. When I Googled the location (and the previous owners confirmed) it has been full in the past. The way this pond will be filled is by pumping water uphill from a creek about 250' away - (suggestions)
I'm hoping to enlarge to about 1/2A+ and will have a good idea what is possible when I talk to the builder early next week.
The pond has never been as full as it can be - notice the trees on the dam (right side of pix below). The dam is about 150' long

Next is a pix from middle of dam looking to far end. There was only about a foot of water until recent rains - now there's more to be pumped out. There is a hole about 20'x20'x5' in the bottom, so in the deep end there is 5-6' of water in some spots.

Here's one looking back from far end toward the dam. I'm hoping to add to the pond by going back into the woods to the right of the pvc pipe.

OK, that's what we're working with. I bought this place in East AL, and moved in 3 weeks ago. It's just a small cabin in the woods, but has 10.3A and lots of potential, and I really like it. Figuring out the pump is an issue, getting the trees off the dam & repairing the dam is another, and adding size to the pond is another, and we haven't even talked about fish yet. Allrighty then, let's get busy with thoughts, suggestions, ideas etc - I'm not gettin' any younger!!!
Randy

Just do it...