Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: Dwight
Originally Posted By: esshup
17 days until Pomona

Racing fuel is watered down near beer compared to Nitro!

Yes, but it's reliability over a long distance is suspect. laugh

True, but you can coast for a long ways after hitting 300 mph! laugh

350 cu. in./800 hp vs. 500 cu. in. and 8,000 hp.

I know driver safety, fan attendance, close racing and all that, but I think it was more interesting back when the cars were closer to actual production cars and the rules were a bit more lenient.

7/8 scale chevelle anyone; drive a car away from the inspection station without the gas tank? (I read that it really wasn't 7/8 scale, but you know what I'm talking about)

You know me. If it is has a hot motor in it I like it!

When I was young (7th or 8th grade) I welded up and ground a hot cam for a 3 hp Briggs. I new how to weld and run a lathe. I new that more lift and duration made more power. I new that more lift and duration required more spring pressure so I put in a pair of heavier valve springs that I bought at the local car parts place.

After everything was assembled and tested for clearance, I tried to fire it up. The cam duration was long so it was hard to start but it sounded really cool running through that straight pipe and the 8hp carburetor that I adapted to the 3hp block.

I revved it up to about 10,000 rpm and the connecting rod shot out the side of the block. And that was that. laugh

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather