Ewest:

Many thanks for your referral to the LSU AG Center lab. They have been fantastic.(Being a HUGE Bama fan, it just pains me to say this..)Like all things for me 'pondage', this has been a great learning experience made tons easier by all of you here.

For any newbies like me who may be reading this, as I have rapidly come to learn, not all Extension Services are created equal. The folks on this board have done a good job of compiling contact info for all the state extension service soil labs. Some, like my home state, do not have a clue what you are talking about when you ask "can you test the soil off the bottom of my pond?" Others will not accept samples from out of state. The bottom line is you should call your state lab in advance of submitting a sample. If you don't feel comfortable with what they tell you (I certainly didn't with mine, don't waste any more time or effort. Send your sample, along with your ten bucks, straight to LSU. When I called them and asked if they accepted out of state samples, this very friendly gentleman was proud to inform me they accepted samples from all over the world. They were professional and just all round helpful in walking me through how to collect and package my soil and water samples.

Below is my not too good report of the soil from LSU. Tomorrow, I expect the report for the water sample. I have already spoken with the lab and will have a more in-depth conversation with them on Friday or Monday on various recommended remedies. Will share their recommendations with all when I receive them.

Once again, thanks to everyone. I really appreciate everyone's help and input into this.

Warmest Regards.
Paul

Attached Images
LSUreportrev1.jpg