No, i didnt provide her the number. She, however, has come with me on a number of occasions, and has never been out on less than 8" of ice. She knows that most people say 4" is all good, but at that point she freaks that the depth of ice wont be consistent across the pond. So.....I assume that she would be okay with 6 (hence saying i have arbitrarily set the thickness level for the "she won't freak on me" depth).

Whether or not that is true, i will have to find out. She will be there as well, since she and my mom have some plans for the same weekend (hence me not being able to re-schedule, and why i am going up on the 25th safe ice or not).

And last of all...we're not actually married. Engaged at the moment, but we've been living together for almost 6-7 years at this point. "wife" though, is a lot easier to type than "long-time committed partner of the female variety to whom i plan to marry in the not so distant future." In either case, she probably deserves better than "fiance" after our extended engagement. wink

Last edited by skinnybass; 01/11/12 06:15 PM.

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.