Yeah, the center of the lake is mainly flat straight across from southwest to northeast (that map on the other thread was pretty accurate). We use concrete and cinderblocks, set up a row of trees, like 4 or 5 of them we can usually get a hold of, and try to start a new row where the old rows ended.

Directly across the lake from my dads lake is a n area that has some of the best fishing, likely because of the sharp dropoff. The homeowner there has added some artificial cover, fake plants and a big boulder or two.

Directly adjascent to my dads is a thick, thick weedbed, where I've been catching a lot of pike, and also the south end of the pond, where the big shallow flat suddenly drops off to the deepest area of the pond, we've nabbed a few there as well.

So there are 3 pike-productive areas we have noted, although those are spring and fall observations.

What of that bass...does it look healthy? As I say on every thread I comment on, im no pro, but compared to what we were catching in '08-'09, id say yes.

-mike

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.