Tony:

As long as we're on the subject (sort of) I have a question regarding a carb (well engine) surging on a log splitter.

Honda OHC GCV 160 motor, on a 27T log splitter. 3 years old, stored inside, used a few times, always Stabil in the fuel. No throttle, either on or off. If I don't have the choke out slightly over 1/2 way it surges. Starts on the first pull. I bought it from my neighbor that used it 2x and he always uses Stabil and good gas. I couldn't pass up the price, 50% off what he paid for it and the paint wasn't worn off of the "I" beam.

My guess is there is no carb adjustment that can be made, and it's running lean because of a mechanical restriction in the line. I ran 2 tanks of gas thru it, each with 1/2 bottle of SeaFoam with no change. I sprayed carb cleaner around the carb when it was running to see if there was any vaccum leaks - none found.

Time to pull the carb and give it a good cleaning? The 2 bolts that hold on the carb also hold on the air cleaner base.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).