Take it from someone who makes their living repairing outdoor power equipment... do not purchase any piece of equipment that has an engine "brand", that you do not recognize. The industry is becoming saturated with these units, and while some are better than others, they all can be tough, or downright impossible to source parts for.

These offshore companies are getting wise, and have purchased the rights to a couple of old, familiar companies. Names that nearly everyone has heard of. Then, they equip these units with "cloned" copies of popular engines. Look the engine over for a name, or model tag, to see who built it before putting your money down on it.

Personally, I don't see many problems with brand name generation units themselves, rather the issues typically occur with the engines that power them. If it were me, I would stick with either Briggs Vanguard, Kohler, Honda, or Kawasaki, on the engine side.

And, since this is an issue that's close to heart, I recommend finding an independent dealer who's close, friendly, and has a good reputation. You may pay a little more than you would at the box store, but service after the sale is worth a lot.

Find a good local dealer, support them, and they'll be there to support you.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.