Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Chadsnider, Kevin Matney, Rudly68, CDB, B BUG
18,570 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,068
Posts559,155
Members18,570
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,675
ewest 21,537
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,167
Who's Online Now
8 members (etx-pond-c, catscratch, FishinRod, Boondoggle, Dave Davidson1, azteca, Chadsnider, Sunil), 769 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
I'm all for having a Clean water Act, or any such regulatory commission which would afford me, my neighbors, or any landowner for that matter, the ability to protect our property, be it land or water.

All I ask, is that those agencies who have personnel involved in the interpretation and enforcement of any such issues, should be able to see the shades of grey, and not just black ink on a white page.

wetlandguy, you sound like you see the grey quite clearly. I appreciate the perspective you bring to the forum, I hope you stick around!

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Not trying to change the subject but in a similar vein I just read where the local government of my rural area wants to create restrictions or prohibit residential windmills that produce power. Seems some people hate the way they look etc. etc.

I want to put one in (hybrid solar) when I pay off my mortgage, which will be in just a few years, but alas it looks like by that time I will be prohibited from doing so. The local power company is slowly raising their rated and it will soon be cost effective to produce my own power even with the initial capital expense.

I let 'em have it an editorial in response to the newspaper article, but probably just succeeded in making enemies. Maybe I should get an online law degree in the next few years so I'll be prepared to fight 'em to prevent legal fees. LOL

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/27/11 08:53 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

W
W
I appreciate that sprkplug. Now that I've found this site I'm sure I'll be checking in. Lot of good stuff here related to my profession to some degree and alot of intelligent folks talking about things I enjoy (pond fishing). Just this year I've had a few phone calls from people with pond issues (algae blooms). This is not something I tend to deal with. Once I get a permit for the pond I'm done. I would enjoy helping people maintain their systems and design for their particular purpose though and can certainly use this site to start learning.

J
J
The license for my pond was taken care of by my pond builder here in east central IN. But after that I sheepishly have to say I never got a permit to build any thing else on my property. Maybe because I do it all my self and start slow (one post dug in at a time or footer started) not knowing if I will really build the project. However in the end I had a pole barn, upper & lower house deck, add on workout room, home built 12' satellite antenna and the pond deck house. No one ever said a thing, but it was added on my taxes as it should be. I have plans for a working 12 vote electric windmill that I got from Ireland where they actually use wind turbins for their houses. I would use this at the pond for electric aeration but I have trees there and may not be able to get the wind turbine high enough for wind efficiency. But solar/turbine combo is something to think about but with no permit.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
wetlandguy you need to understand the whole legal field to make conclusions. The things you want to protect are already protected by other legal means. 404 should not apply to anything but large nav waters of the US not every wet spot (and some not wet) in the US.

The plurality idea is bunk. It is one judge. 4 want to scrap the large application of 404 , 4 want to control every piece of land in the US and 1 wants his own rule. Because 5 were against sending the guy to prison that is the plurality. The COE/EPA have used that to try and increase their reach to control more private property.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
David Drewry, Spiveyman
Recent Posts
Varmint Rifle
by FishinRod - 06/09/24 06:03 PM
Fry Identification
by Boondoggle - 06/09/24 05:01 PM
Green Sunfish to Control Crappie Population?
by FishinRod - 06/09/24 03:24 PM
New to me pond
by FishinRod - 06/09/24 02:42 PM
Green sunfish making me rethink my plan, opinions
by Dave Davidson1 - 06/08/24 07:35 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Sunil - 06/08/24 06:26 PM
Pond leaking question
by gehajake - 06/08/24 04:43 PM
Early Pea Soup
by Pond Star - 06/08/24 04:20 PM
Dredge for Sale