Actually, I've never sunk a boat. Drove a tractor part way into a pond several times, but no damage.
Been ejected from an electrofishing boat thrice.
Once, I was trying to steer the boat under a limb without hitting the guys in front. Swung the boat around, steered it where the limb would hit me...I grabbed the limb about waist high, the boat kept going, I hung onto the limb. One of the guys on the bow went to the back, steered the boat back around and got me. Never got wet on that one.
The second time, I was driving, till steering, spun hard, hit a stump, got ejected. Yelled, "Step off, step off!" The guy in the front got off the switch about the time I hit the water.
The third time, three years ago, similar situation. Was shocking with the small boat in a new lake. Saw what I thought was a school of shad, turned hard right, hit a submerged stump. Boat stopped. Lusk didn't. Hit the water and started sinking. I was a little angry, blackberry in my shirt pocket, favorite hat on, billfold in my pocket. Then, it dawned on me. I was sinking. Geez, I better kick and get to the top. I was probably down ten feet in fifteen feet of water.
Swam up, still a bit angry. Blackberry soaked, hat gone, glasses gone. Walter was good natured about it. We finished electrofishing, I dripped dry, loaded and came home in time to go get a new phone and glasses.
I haven't been in that boat again. Bought the big boat.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...