JHAP, you couldn't resist, could you? Like moths to a flame...... laugh

The GSF removal and good fish transfer has started. This pond was dug a few years ago in a wet spot in the woods. The wet spot wasn't checked for fish before the pond was dug. GSH, FHM, Mosquito fish, were stocked the following Spring, then RES and YP were stocked in the Fall.

An angling survey was done to see how large the RES grew over the winter, and GSF were caught. Not good, since there won't be LMB in the pond, only SMB. In preperation of draining, killing and re-stocking the pond, I'm trying to catch and transfer as many YP and RES as possible. Some YOY RES have survived, as I caught RES from 8" to 2 1/2" in the Modified Fyke Net. YP were from 8" down to 4 1/2". GSF were 2 1/2" to 7 1/2". I'm experimenting with different trap positions in the pond to see what works the best. The lead is 5' tall by 50' long, I don't know if I need to use all of it or not. The first hoop is 3' x 5' and it transitions to 2 1/2' round hoops.

17 RES, 7 YP and 39 GSF were caught the first day.

I don't have any pictures of the RES/YP because I didn't want to stress them any more than they already were in the 90°F+ heat and the high 80's surface water temps.

JHAP, I thought about sending them to you, but decided that the raccoons needed to eat too, so they're getting a buffet spread tonight.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).