Siding anyone??? smile

Ok now were getting somewhere! Siding and windows going in folks! Here are a few pics of this weekends progress. The Tyvek worked great thanks everyone for the insight and advise on how to use the wrap!

Here is a couple of pics of the wrap going on ,in this first pic you can see a window we installed already. We used 36 inch side slide Pella tinted windows from Lowes for the bedrooms and the one kitchen window.

In this next pic you can see the back windows in and siding on. Of course we have to do all the trim work and caulking and stuff still. The siding we are using are 4x8 sheets overlap and it has a old time wood grain look about it with knots in it and everything. When you put paint to it, it really brings out the wood grain pattern and looks awesome!

In this second shot you can see a door on the left. Well this was not in the original plan but we decided to put it in there after we thought about how much easier it would be to get to my shed with all my stuff in it if I needed to instead of walking all the way around the cabin to get to it. It's a smaller 32 inch utility room door that will go into the small laundry room.

This last pic is just down the left side of the cabin. Where that windows is you can see is where the kitchen sink will be. Looking out into the woods where I will have a deer feeder 35 yards in the woods and you can watch the deer come in and eat. We were taking a break on Sunday and all of a sudden across the pond there a doe showed up to get a drink and didn't think twice about us. It was pretty cool!

Well that's it for this weekend. Man it was so hot we had to stop early on Sunday!! The heat here this year has been just horrid to say the least! Dad and I are ready to be done for this year for sure! This kind of heat kind of takes the fun out of it, but we are pressing on for now as best we can.

Last edited by RC51; 07/11/11 02:03 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!