Hi, I'm dbh from Central Alabama. I have a home in a neighborhood with a 7-acre pond and a 12-acre pond. These are relatively deep ponds, with significant areas of 25+ ft, but also large areas of <5 ft. The property owners' association "manages" the ponds, with no clear goal except recreational fishing. One guy wants to catch crappie, another wants trophy bass, another wants to catch big bream, etc... On a positive note, the property owners' ass'n does do a good job keeping the ponds fertilized. Unfortunately (IMO) both ponds have threadfin shad and crappie. We also have bluegill, shellcrackers, channel cats, largemouth bass, and grass carp. That's a lot of species competing but the fishing is pretty good in both ponds, except that bass are very hard to catch in the smaller pond... but they are BIG. Several over 11 and one over 13 in recent years. In the larger pond, the bass are plentiful but small. I hope to learn a lot from the forum here, as well as the mag (which I subscribe to) to help me influence the property owners' ass'n to make the right choices for the ponds.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.