hi everyone. im looking into to doing a diy aeration system on my pond that i am going to renovate. id like to do an "rc51" type system...in other words a homemade system. i was trying to find out info about the ecoplus 7 pump but i was unable to find the makers website.

from what i have been able to find it seems that the ecoplus 7 pump puts out about 200 cubic liters of air per minute and uses about 280 watts per hour. ill just call it .71 liters per watt effeiency. (200 liters/ 280 watts = .71) the pondmaster AP 100 pump puts out 149 cu. liters per minute and only uses 100 watts so this is a much higher effiency pump at a rating of 1.49 liters of air per minute per watt. (149 liters/ 100 watts = 1.49) at actually pumps more than twice the air for the power according to my calculations...so this brings me to some questions for all of you.

does anyone have any experience good or bad with the ecoplus 7 or the pondmaster ap 100??? how much do you figure you pay every month to run your aeration system? how deep can i reasonably expect to pump with the pondmaster ap 100 or the ecoplus 7? should i just get a gast rotery vane (which i think is even less efficient than ecoplus 7)???

all opinions and advice welcome...thanks in advance - justin