Just got a survey done. NCRS says the soil is mostly Loren?? unsure about spelling?? and Grenada so it should hold water just fine. Im letting them take a look at this too. But wanted ya'lls opinion of whether this could work. Would like a 1 acre pond made by building a 400 ft Levee 10-16 feet wide and 10 feet deep. As seen on 2nd picture. Is this a good location. I estimate it will get about 5 acres of Watershed from property which is shy of the standard 8-10 acres needed for every acre of pond. The 5 acres will be pastureland with alpacas on it eventually. I think I'll need to build a well for those drought prone summers down here, but am not sure the city will let me. I estimate moving 2800 yards of dirt for the levee maybe 1000-2000 more to deepen pond so a total of 3800- 4800 cubic yards. Maybe I could get by with a 20,000 budget for pond with a 6000 dollar well. Is 10 feet deep enough to maintain the fish life- I will only have about a quarter acre that deep as well? Thanks a Ton ya'll.

Attached Images
P1050513.JPG P1050515.JPG