rmedgar.....i get a real kick out of watching the fish eat. some of the BG just cruise and take pellets, others stay low, watch a pellet for a second, than thrust up and attack it like bug, and quickly dive back down in the depths with their catch....funny.

an update on pond water, for anybody following this rag (jeff.... \:\) ).

pH ranging from 7.54 at creek entrance in sediment basin to an average of 9.61 in main pond body. i was really surprised at this increase in pH. EC and TDS up as well where highest values were 447 and 224, respectively. i wonder how much higher these values will get in our arid climate this summer?

water temps up as well, maximum measured surface value at 64.0......just about spawning time? they should be getting ready anyway.

jeff, i assembled that aqua view camera this weekend, charging the battery, and gonna find out what the deal is this coming weekend....RES and bigger BG on beds? any remaining adult GSF? blobs of FA starting on pond bottom? my visibility is still pretty low from recent warm weather plankton bloom, so i hope the camera works out.

pond getting a drink of thunderstorm rain as i type this, will my little guys take feed in the rain? i'll know in about 20 minutes...

GSF are people too!