Originally Posted By: MJDawley
ok....thank you. I think i'm going to start with the FHM and some bream...i've got a friend that lives on a small lake that has invited me down to get some bream and they are about to spawn. It might be the perfect time for me to do this. is it good to put bream and FHM in at the same time? What is the proper timing of stocking the different types of fish. I know i need to get the forage fish established first right? I read somewhere that if i stock the bluegill/bream now that i should wait until the next season to stock the LMB...is that right?

As much as it sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't. (transfer the BG). I did and regretted it. This was before I found PB. I regretted it for the following reasons: 1) I caught mostly Male BG. I had a feeder on the pond, and not only were they not habituated to the pellets (grew slowly) I didn't have enough females in the pond for a good spawn. I played catch-up the next few years trying to get enough females in the pond. 2) I accidentally introduced European Water Milfoil into the pond. I spent a LOT of time trying to kill it, and I don't think I have it all yet, going on 7 years later.....

The cost of the fish is one of the least expensive things that you will be spending money on. It's the 2nd most important part of the pond process too, right behind constructing the pond correctly.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).