I just acquired a track of land in Iowa from my Grandparents, their are two newly built ponds on them neither have more than a foot of water in them.

One is 9 acres and the other is 2 1/4 acre.

Im planning on making the 2 1/4 acre lake Channel Catfish and Redear Sunfish stocking also some amount of baitfish for start-up food and let them establish a population and then add the Redear Sunfish and Channel Catfish. The reason i dont want bass in this lake is because i dont want the Channel Catfish population to be threatened beacuse i read bass eat many channel catfish eggs. I also read that redear sunfish dont often overpopulate and stunt. Im pretty sure these two fish are a good combination in a lake. Am i right in my assumption or should i putt in more predators?

Im planning on making the 9 acre lake a mix of a few redear sunfish, bluegill, and green sunfish (mostly just bluegill) with bass, bullheads, and crappie. Do you think all of these could be put in the pond or should i not put the crappie in?

Ive never stocked fish so please help me out witht the numbers or fish and size. Also anything else you think i should know before i stock. Please tell me if you think my ideas need alot of help.

Thank You,

Golden Shiner