Bill...
The diffuser (a single cluster of four 9" diffusers) sits at 22', almost in the center of my generally rectangular pond which is just shy of 1 acre. The system's capacity is 7800 gpm, so if I'm figuring right, if I average a 12 foot depth, the system should turn the pond over approximately every 8 hours.

I have not measured the bottom water temps at 22 feet, though I suspect I could find a weighted thermometer at Bass Pro and drop it down with a fishing bouy. What temps would I be looking for and how would I use the temp info in determining running times?

As far as organic material, my watershed is hardwood (oak/hickory) and no runoff from cattle or farming operations. We have cleared the shoreline of large trees, but there are leaves in the fall. Water is a nice green/brown with good visibility, and the startup on the aeration system has not caused any noticable increased sediment.

Hope this info will give you the input you need to help me figure out efficient but economical run times...thanks