Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
With arthritis in my hands, I have trouble tying the 2 and 4 pound stuff.

With spinning reels, using Stren, I have trouble with it coming off the spool in several messes. Not sure what you call that.
"MESS" is exactly what you call it.
Someone said to drag it out behind the boat and that is an excellent way to fix it after the fact but heres some tips to avoid it in the first place.
#1 Don't overfill spool #2 Use quality line in the size that matches the specs for the reel your spooling #3 Spool the line on under moderate tension and in the proper rotation..I have found the best way to tell if you're putting it on in the right direction instead of creating line twist by the very act of spooling..is to lay filler spool on the floor with the label up then reel 10-20 times and put slack in your line ..if it starts to twist turn spool over and continue.#4 OR take the tag end of the filler spool and walk it out across the yard the length you're going to spool on and then lay it down..wind on the reel SLOWLY under tension.#5 Never reel against a slipping drag #6 manually close the bail after every cast while quickly looking down at your reel for loops...now is the time to fix that by closing your bail loosen the drag and pulling the line off the spool until the loop clears # Look into Doug Hannons Wave Spin line of spinning reels...very innovative and affordable.

" EVERY DAY I'M AMAZED BY HOW MANY THINGS I DON'T KNOW AND HOW MUCH STUFF I DON'T UNDERSTAND"