1)
I am located believe it or not in North Ga, but the lake is in Northeast Columbia SC

2. I am almost certain these were red ear. We caught about 10 fish and 2 were blugill and the rest were redear. You could see the faint red on the outer edge of the littel black flap

3. Sizes have ranged any where from 5 to 8 inches

Does not really mater where we catch them either..The lake does have grass carp that was stocked in there nearly 12 years ago. But the lake does have lilly pads down one side of the lake length ways. The lake in my opinion does not have a great deal of cover or structer. It is a big somewhat open lake. This lake is in a nice neighborhood, with about 12 houses around it Including my moms house. The lake size is 10 acres...measured from "terraserver.com"
The lake has two BIG creeks that flow through it. Most of the time the water is very clear, to a greenish tint in the deeper parts of the lake. The lake is about 13 to 15 feet deep at the deepest end.

4. Were bgill common or abundant in past years? and how long ago?

You know....they seem to be....I think??? You know as I think about it they were very good at one time. This was YEARS ago though.... maybe around 10 or 12. The lake was really good in 1984 when we moved there. But as development went on It slowly went down hill. In 1994 my brother caught a 4 pounder (LMB) and then in 96 he caught a 6 pounder. There were numerous stories of fish being caught bigger than this! I sort of think when the grass carp were introduced they had an impact in some way....just my opinion.

The soil in the area is of a sandy nature, this place is right below the fall line go nearly 10 to 15 miles North West from there and you will be in red clay peidmont hills. Being in this area the water has a natuarl dark coloration comeing from the two creeks, but when the water goes in the lake it is some what clear...would never tell it was dark...

I hope this gives enough information....