1" chicken wire or 3-4" welded wire works better. Buy 4' wide wire if possible. Lay the wire out flat, cut off about 8'. Now fold the wire down from one edge about 8" for the whole length of the wire. Next attatch the ends together with the folded edge inside. It is now a big round wire hoop. Flatten the hoop down till it starts to look like a big wire cusion. On the end that was not folded, close it up using a long stick woven through both "top" and "bottom" edges. Now reach in the folded end and shape the wire on the inside to form a "funnel" this end is the entrance that with the funnel forms a trap similar to fish traps. When you finish bending the funnel wire it should have an opening about 1/3 it's original size. The trap should be about the shape of a big pillow. Hang some chicken meat inside tied to the top of the trap. Place trap in shallow edge of the pond with the top out of the water so turtles won't drown. Works well to tie the trap under a willow or similar tree. Turtles find their way into the funnel opening but can't figure a way out. Remove turtles by pulling out the stick to open the rear of the trap. Hope this makes sense to you, quick, inexpensive and it works-

Last edited by Bluegillerkiller; 03/17/11 11:59 AM.

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]