W.World
O. Of
W.Weight
Does anyone know if fish can actually be morbidly obese like humans? I know there aren't any McDonalds down there and they eat mostly other fish..even the pellets are high protein, but I've cleaned fish with copious amounts of thick yellow fat( no not roe FAT). Do fish even have cholesteral? Does being cold blooded preclude heart disease? Does having a very high wr(bmi) index somehow shorten their lifespan? It seems to me that when a LMB gets to that double digit stage of life they really avoid any unnecessary excersize, while those lean and mean juvenile bass seem to delight in running around the bank all frisky and care-free like. Or is having a 150% wr a survival tool like a Polar Bear maybe? Are river fish healthier (longer-lived) than pond fish? Maybe I'm on to something here...maybe the next breakthrough in fish management!...something like a raceway that they have to stay in to eat the pellets or something? Maybe the tradeoff for only having wr's around 110-120's but living 10-20% longer would be worth it. Maybe I just got up too early this morning.

Last edited by findfoolfight; 03/13/11 06:39 AM.

" EVERY DAY I'M AMAZED BY HOW MANY THINGS I DON'T KNOW AND HOW MUCH STUFF I DON'T UNDERSTAND"