Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Since you have ample concrete, you can use some concrete to make 'highways' between PVC and other areas such as the basin or channels and valleys or create any other 'highways' that suits your fancy. No doubt some predators will frequent and orient to specific areas of the 'highway' such as inside corners, angles or just large pieces. I would keep PVC habitat separate from concrete just for some unique structure diversity. Keep in mind that shallower place concrete is more usuable by small fish as refuge areas compared to deep water concrete in the basin of the pond. Deep structure will usually concentrate primarily larger fish. Your SMB and maybe the RES should love and thrive in the concrete jungle.

I'm really looking forward to sculpting this pond when we're "finished" with the dig. I have saved every piece of information I have received and when I'm ready I'm going to pull this up and break out a drawing board. For me I think this will be the most enjoyable part of the pond construction project (aside from eventually getting a line wet).