Yes I should be able to get a pic of a single strand on a better background. I didn't think to smell it although I'd read it smells garlicy. Does it make a good garnish? laugh

I checked the stomach contents of the three trout I've kept so far, there were some tiny oval shaped blobs in there, like the size of a pencil head, but it didn't look like enough to fill them up. I assumed that it was something near the end of digestion but I'm anything but an expert on that. The trout seem to all be in the deepest 1/4 of the pond. I just can't get them to come up and feed. I'll try again today with a smaller amount, I think I've been putting way too much in, especially since they aren't eating it. I was hoping some that got in towards the shore would get eaten by the sunfish, they seemed to ignore it as well. I'm going to get some worms and take my daughter down to the pond this evening, hopefully I'll be able to get a larger sample of sunfish. I'm pretty sure those two I posted are on the thin side?