Yes, I think that that is what it is, it was identified as chara on some of the sites I saw it at as well. Here's a picture of some I hooked and pulled out as well as one of a small clump along the dam:

Here are a couple of sunfish I managed to catch today, in the second picture you can see more of whatever the above plant is:

The first one looks like a bluegill to me, not 100% sure though and not sure at all about the second. Finally, a couple more trout that I caught for the grill this evening. Released three more that were lip hooked and had a few other long releases. When I am thinking I will be releasing fish, I remove one of the points from a treble hook and bend down the barbs on the other two. It seems to provide more holding ability than a single point hook but is a lot less likely to create a bad hookup than trebles can.

Tried feeding again this morning with no results. I've been feeding from the spillway which is over the deepest water where most of the trout seem to be holding. I'm not sure if they're getting spooked by me being up there throwing the feed or what but I didn't see any take it this morning other than one that came up like it was going to then shot back down. I guess I've put in maybe a pound, pound and a half of food in the past two days but only saw a few pellets taken. I don't want to keep throwing in food that's going to mess up the water. The trout seemed to be pretty agressive in going after the lures I was fishing with. Any ideas?