After fighting the drought after we built our pond this past summer I was afraid it would take forever for it to fill, but surprisingly as of last night it is full pool for the first time!

This picture was taken 11/27 and as you can see we had a long ways to go before the pond would be filled. You can also see the blue spruces/maples/tulip trees I planted.

[url=][/url]

This was taken today, full pool and it still filling from my small catch basin at the bottom of this picture. My overflow is working as it should. As you can see the ice has almost disappeared

[url=][/url]

Again taken today and shows my rainbow bridge I built this fall (railings this spring) and a 1925 windmill next to the pond. My catch basin/tile is between the two blue spruces in the back which is a low area. My only dissatisfaction is the height of the ground as compares to water level at the back of the pond. It would be nice to have had more trimmed off, but then it would of had a domino effect all the way back to the property line.

[url=][/url]

Now the fun begins, stocking it (with the help of Nate), sowing more grass, adding more structures, and a dock. And here's hoping it holds water!!!!!