Getting real close to completing a 2 acre +/- pond here in southern Missouri. The lower half is complete and I have started putting in the fish structure. Now that the pond is getting close I can start finalizing plans for stocking fish. That is where I would like some ideas and help. I do not want the traditional lm bass, bluegill, and catfish. I would like to get creative and a little outside the box. My family and friends love to fish and I would like to use my pond to provide entertainment as well as a food source. I have developed some ideas from reading your forums during the process of constructing the pond, which, I would like to thank you for all the ideas that have helped me along the way. I would love for this pond to be a panfisher's dream as well as having ample opportunities to hook a fighter. What I had in mind was Hybrid stripers/crappie walleye/yellow perch and redear/hybrid bluegill I would also like to try a few tiger musky. I realize the hybrids, walleye, and musky will not reproduce but figured they would be good at managing the panfish. What do ya'all think? Is this a good combination or does anybody have any other ideas? Also i am going to start stocking fat head minnows as soon as the lower end starts to fill this spring. How much water do I need for the minnows to survive and begin to reproduce? I would love to hear your comments and ideas as well as the number of fish i should start out with. Thanks....Jeff Ozarkstripers.com

More info about my pond.
2 acres +/-
3/4 acre at least 18 feet deep rest of pond average depth 8-10 feet deep
No fresh water just runoff to fill
14 acres of good drainage all grass no livestock
14 foot tall island in center of deepest area with stairstep banks
Clay bottom and banks
planting baldcypress on island to help shade and evergreens on west and south facing banks
irregular shape lots of drop offs and contour changes