Well I would put it as far as the pump will allow. I have not tested the pump over the 10 foot range. Most guys will tell you in the summer you want it as deep as you can get it so I would say try and center in pond as good as you can and try if you have enough line try it at 15 feet and see if it works. It may be to much for the pump?? Not sure. The first time I turned mine on it took about 10 to 15 seconds to see anything as the lines were filling up with air so don't freak out right awasy if you don't see anything right off, but if you don't see anything after 20 seconds or so then i would say your too deep and then just slowly bring it in till she kicks off! If your going to set it up for the winter remember to keep it in the shallow about 1/3 of your depth. So if your 15 feet deep I would be safe and put it in about 4 foot of water in the winter. keep me posted and let me know how that pump does in 15 feet of water I am interested to know. If it were me I would try and bring it in on your easy sloaping side that way your air tubing will lay down real nice and settle into your pond bottom.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!