The green sunfish, IMO, don't have a great deal of growth potential. I like them in some cases as bass food but they just don't get as big as Bluegills. Thus, consumption goals don't always work well with them.

LMB will absolutely thin their numbers but can overspawn and create a new problem unless you really want to intensely manage in the future. A 2 hour drive, the inevitable childrens activities and expensive gasoline makes that tough.

Have you considered about 20 or so Hybrid Stripers? I consider them as maybe the best management tool you can get in a smaller pond. Once they reduce the Greenies numbers, add some big bluegills and keep culling out the bigger green sunfish. George Glazener will tell you that they are not only an open water fish.

If I had that water hole, and I don't, I would think about nuking it and starting over. It might be a lot easier. On the other hand, I bet that young lady doesn't care what size the fishies are. She will have a ball catching them no matter what the size.