Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Originally Posted By: esshup

Doe from today:

Todd, I'll get a weight on her for you. She might be a tad bigger than what the Savage was eating out in WVa. wink

Har har har! Nice doe, Scott. That's pretty good weight. My afternoon cleared up so I'm going to drive out to the farm and see if I stumble across any does. Saw 7 yesterday when I drove through on the way to pick up the babysitter. Wouldn't have gone over well for me to skip dinner with my wife or to show up bloody, so they got a pass!

Just another "Doe From Today" shot picture:

Why do these silly things not understand normal reasoning? I hate it when I have to knock sense into them with the butt end of my pellet pistol, and they still don't understand.

Oh well, more pastrami, sausage, snack-sticks, jerky, chili, and incredibly wonderful pot-roast in sour cream and mushroom sauce, with late-season baby potatoes and early-season vacuum-packed asparagus.

Perfect weather today, and through next week for hanging a deer in the barn -- as I won't have time to butcher this critter for at least a week. It's about 33 now. The cold room in the barn is 37.

I'm guessing this one was three years old, about and about 120 lbs., field-dressed.

Last edited by catmandoo; 12/10/10 04:06 PM.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!