A relatively low labor weekend this trip. We wrapped the other side with the same gutter setup.
Although the physical labor output was closer to medium for the weekend, the stress and focus was elevated. I had to go back up on the roof.
We are pretty much at the point where we can call the outside good-ta-go and shift the focus to the interior. One of the last outside projects (that will facilitate progress at the interior) is the boot and pipe to terminate all the plumbing vents. This meant 2 things I really hate: cut a big ol' hole in my metal roof, and then go up there to work on it. It came together pretty well. No comments on my messy caulking job.

We cut off a 3 foot length of 4" PVC pipe as a stack. Dski put 3 coats of white acrylic/latex paint on the pipe (ID and OD) to defend against UV. A little water and dish soap and it slipped up thru the boot. We secured it against blocking in the attic area. Since it's not attached to any further plumbing, we now have a 4" PVC tube to allow rain and snow in (at least until I get the plumbing hooked up inside). I dread the thought of having to go back up there, so we took a plastic bucket, put an eyebolt thru the bottom with the eye inside the bucket. A length of bungee cord (hooked to the eyebolt) runs down thru the stack and is hooked onto a rafter inside, pulling down the bucket. When the time comes, I push a broom handle up the pipe from inside to unhook the bungee from the eyebolt and then push the bucket off the top and let it tumble off the roof. At least that's the plan.

Don't be fooled by the angle. The pipe is well below the peak of the roof.
-
-

Jeesh, I remember this time last year when the leaves were starting to turn. We were just finishing the wall framing upstairs. This year, bring on the rain. We're ready (I think)